HIPAA 5010 Transaction and Code Sets
Version 5010 compliance preparation is well underway. In order for all Covered Entities to be ready within the implementation timelines, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) would like to re-emphasize key dates. The implementation timeline for all Covered Entities is as follows:
- Roll Out/Dual Use = 01/01/2011 - 12/31/2011
- Compliance/ HIPAA 5010 Only = 01/01/2012
We want to make you aware of the upcoming BCBSNC 5010 transition activities:
- BCBSNC 5010 Companion Guides - These will post on 10/1/2010 and include revised Introduction, HIPAA 270/271 Eligibility, 837 Professional and 837 Institutional Claim sections. The other sections, 835, 276/277 and 278, will be delivered 90 days prior to their implementation dates.
- BCBSNC 5010 Trading Partner Roll out for 837 Claims, 270/271 Eligibility and 835 Remittances will begin First Quarter 2011
- Early in December 2010, existing Trading Partners will receive an email notification, as well as communications through Blue e and bcbsnc.com websites, advising them of 5010 roll out activities.
- BCBSNC 5010 Trading Partner Roll out for 276/277 Claim Status and 278 Authorizations will begin July 2011
- Contacted your other trading partners, software vendors, and payers in order to obtain their individual timelines?
- Reviewed 5010 educational materials using the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services website located at: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/Versions5010andD0/40_Educational_Resources.asp?
- Evaluated and determined the impact of the 5010 ERRATA? We are currently evaluating the impact and more information is coming.
BCBSNC is committed to working closely with our network of health care professionals to ensure a seamless transition. We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.