An Opportunity to Help Blue Cross NC Compare Patient Surveys
If you provide health care services to Medicare beneficiaries, some of your patients have likely been asked about those services in a survey. You have the opportunity to help us better understand their responses by completing this short survey. The survey helps us compare providers’ and patients’ responses to questions.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) is a Medicare Advantage Organization (MAO). As such, we follow the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) guidance, in addition to that of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). NCQA requires Medicare beneficiaries to be surveyed on an annual basis to assess their experiences with their health care providers, health systems, and MAO plans.
Each spring, two surveys are conducted of a random sampling of Blue Cross NC’s Medicare Advantage (Blue MedicareSM) members:
- The CMS-administered Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey (CAHPS)
- The Health Outcomes Survey (HOS), performed on behalf of Blue Cross NC by an outside agency
The questionnaires ask Medicare beneficiaries to report and evaluate their experiences with matters said to be most important to patients.
Our provider survey includes some of the questions included in the Medicare beneficiary surveys. We’re asking providers to take a few minutes to complete this short survey, and rate yourself as a provider.
- All responses are anonymous
- All responses form a collective provider response for comparison with collectively tabulated Medicare beneficiary responses
- Non-specific provider responses will be compared to non-specific Medicare beneficiary survey results
- Information gathered in the survey will be used only for internal analysis
We are always looking to identify ways to improve our members’ health, as well as to raise their satisfaction with the health care services and care access they report through the annual survey process. Please contact Mandy Benson, MPH, Program Manager, at 336-201-4246, or email@example.com with any questions about the CAHPS or HOS surveys.
Thank you for your continued efforts in providing quality health care to Blue Cross NC members.