Large Group Plans (100+ Employees)
We're offering more choice, more health management solutions and more ways to help you spend less for the quality health coverage you expect.
Get More: Plans, options, flexibility, health and wellness programs, customized health management, cost transparency, peace of mind.
Now choose from several, new Healthy OutcomesSM1 personalized wellness programs to help your employees and your business stay healthy.1 Save with our Package Pricing program and choose the funding option that fits your business.
2014 Health Plans
Offering a variety of health insurance plans -- giving you more choice, more savings and the same coverage you expect from BCBSNC.
- Blue OptionsSM - Our flagship PPO plan
- Blue Options 1-2-3SM - Our traditional PPO plan design with customer driven health care engagement
- Blue Options HSASM - Our consumer-driven health savings account plan
- Blue SelectSM - Our new tiered benefit, lower-cost PPO plan
- Blue ValueSM - Our new limited network, lower-cost POS plan, which is a type of an HMO with in-network and out-of-network benefits.
Health Management / More Coverage
Enrich Your Coverage And Save
- Add speciality products like dental, term life insurance, disability and/or voluntary options and save up to 5% on your medical rates with our Package Pricing program2
- Get a fully integrated health management solution that fits your specific business with our Health OutcomesSM1 program
- Self-funded businesses can lower claims costs with $0 fixed administrative fees
- Enroll in a medical plan now and for qualifying groups, second year rates will renew at trend plus 2-5%3
- Complete goals through our Healthy Outcomes Wellness ProgramSM1 and earn up to a 5% credit toward your next medical renewal4
Your Long Term Health Solution
More flexibility and options for your business
- Get a dedicated team to help your business improve overall health and lower costs through disease management, personal outreach to high risk members and a fully integrated and personalized wellness program to fit your needs
- More discount options for your employees than ever before with Blue365®,5
- Add fully integrated and enhanced HRA options to most plans6
1. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independant third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes program.
2. Package Pricing is available to both new and renewing groups of 51-999. To get credit, groups are subject to life, short-term disability and long-term disability coverage minimums. Please contact your authorized BCBSNC agent or BCBSNC sales representative for program details. Dental products are underwritten by BCBSNC. All other speciality products (including Life and Disability) are offered by Mosaic Group and underwritten by USAble Life. USAble Life does not offer BCBSNC products or services. BCBSNC and USAble Life are not affiliated companies. Mosaic Group is an authorized agency of BCBSNC and USAble.
3. Existing BCBSNC groups are not eligible for this offer. The rate guarantee of trend +2% up to trend +5% is based on underwriting judgment and applies to only first-year renewal for groups 51-499. Any special adjustment rates by BCBSNC may impact a group's eligibility to receive this offer; not all groups may qualify. Government-mandated benefit and premium tax changes are outside the scope of the guarantees and subject to a change based upon the mandated benefit and/or premium tax changes. Any federal, state or local government imposed tax, fee or charge will be outside of the rate guarantee.
4. Healthy Outcomes Wellness Program is available to fully-insured groups of 51-999. Such consideration does not guarantee an impact on rates.
5. Blue365 offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSNC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
6. BCBSNC is the HRA/FSA administrator and contracts with HealthEquity, Inc., an independent entity, to perform certain HRA/FSA administrative services.