FAQs About Dental Blue Select
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a waiting period before I am covered for a routine check up and cleaning?
- No. There is no waiting period for diagnostic and preventive services such as routine checkups and cleanings. Waiting periods may apply to basic and major services. Please refer to your Benefit Booklet for details on your specific dental plan.
- Is there an annual deductible for Preventive and Diagnostic services?
- No, there is no annual deductible. Dental Blue Select features a $100 lifetime deductible that applies to all services (diagnostic and preventive, basic and major services), except orthodontia services. Orthodontia services do not have a deductible.
- Are my children covered for orthodontia services?
- Orthodontia service is an optional benefit which your employer can choose to include in coverage. Please contact your Group Administrator or refer to your Benefit Booklet to determine if Orthodontia is part of your plan
- If I have both BCBSNC health and dental, will I receive two separate ID cards?
- Yes, you will have an ID card for your medical plan and a different ID card for your Dental Blue Select plan.
- Who do I call with questions about claims or whether a procedure is covered?
- Please call Dental Blue Select Claim Customer Service at 1-888-471-2738.
- Do I need to file a claim?
- Most dentists will file a claim on your behalf, then bill you for any charges not covered under your BCBSNC plan. If your dentist will not file the claim for you, pay the dentist at your visit and submit your claim to BCBSNC for reimbursement.
- Where do I send my claim form to get reimbursed for dental expenses?
Download the Dental Blue Select claim form , complete it and mail to:
Dental Blue Select Claims Unit
PO Box 2400
Winston-Salem, NC 27102