HIPAA 5010 Transaction & Code Sets
Version 5010 compliance is rapidly approaching. In order for all Covered Entities to be aware of implementation timelines, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) is reminding providers of key dates. The implementation timeline for all Covered Entities:
- Level 1 = 12/31/2010
- Covered Entities should have completed all internal readiness activities and be prepared to begin testing/roll out of the new version in a test or production environment by December 31st, 2010.
- Roll Out/Dual Use = 01/01/2011 - 12/31/2011
- Covered Entities will be preparing to reach full production readiness with all trading partners. Versions 4010A1 and 5010 can be used throughout all of 2011.
- Level 2 Compliance/ HIPAA 5010 Only = 01/01/2012
We want to make you aware of the approaching BCBSNC 5010 transition activities:
- BCBSNC 5010 Companion Guides - Will be available by 10/1/2010 for the HIPAA 270/271 Eligibility, 837 Claims and 835 Remittances.
- BCBSNC 5010 Trading Partner Roll out for 837 Claims, 270/271 Eligibility and 835 Remittances will begin First Quarter 2011.
- BCBSNC 5010 Trading Partner Roll out for 276/277 Claim Status and 278 Authorizations will begin July 2011.
More detailed information and instructions regarding our 5010 Trading Partner roll out will be distributed Fourth Quarter of 2010. You will receive an email notification as well as communications through Blue e and bcbsnc.com websites.
- Contacted your other trading partners, software vendors, and payers to understand their individual timelines?
- Located 5010 educational materials using the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services website located at:
BCBSNC is committed to working closely with our network of health care professionals to ensure a seamless transition. We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.