State Health Plan Checks to Be Reissued
The State Health Plan changed bank accounts as of July 1, 2013, for purposes of funding their members’ claims payments. In order to ensure that the new bank account information is reflected on State Health Plan-related paper checks, it was necessary for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) to void and reissue any State Health Plan paper checks generated on June 30. These checks will be reissued for payment on July 7.
Please note the following:
- If you were originally issued a paper check on June 30, the replacement check on July 7 will be combined with any additional claims payments made between June 30 and July 7. This may result in a different total amount than the one you may have already viewed online or on the 835 for June 30.
- State Health Plan claims payments dated June 30 will be included on the 835 for July 7, which will also show the new check number.
- The patient account numbers for the claims related to the June 30 check run will remain the same.
- The voided checks in question are no longer viewable on Blue eSM Remittance Inquiry.
- Electronic fund transfers were not impacted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Provider Blue LineSM at 1.800.214.4844.