InterPlan Program Host Claims Voucher Deducted in Error
On March 4, 2014, a system processing issue caused Inter-Plan Program (IPP) Host claims to voucher deduct in error. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has identified the root cause, and we are working to get the impacted claims reprocessed as quickly as possible.
Here's what you can expect:
- The vast majority of the voucher deducts for the IPP claims in question have already been reversed. Once all of the voucher deducts are reversed, the impacted claims will be reprocessed.
- Any reversed IPP claim with a post date of March 4, 2014, was affected by this system issue.
- If you see a post date on or after March 5, check the post date of the reversed lines of the prior claim to see if it was posted on March 4. If yes, then the IPP claim was reversed and the new claim payment amount is the reissued payment of what we voucher deducted in error on March 4.
- If possible, please wait until the IPP claims in question are reprocessed before billing the member.
- BCBSNC is fully committed to resolving this issue as quickly as possible and implementing solutions to prevent issues in the future.