Apply for Credentialing
Residential Treatment Facilities (BCBSNC Only)
Dear Health Care Provider:
The following instructions will help you understand the information required to credential your Residential Treatment Center. To avoid delays associated with an incomplete credentialing application, please review this material carefully before attempting to complete the application. Fill in all required information completely and attach all required documents before submitting your application.
Upon completion of the credentialing process, your application will be presented to the Credentialing Committee for approval or denial. If denied you will be notified by certified mail. If approved, Network Management will contact you to finalize the contracting process and assign your effective date.
ALL APPLICANTS: Please note all fields must be COMPLETED or indicate NOT APPLICABLE (NA). All supporting required documents must be submitted or the application cannot be processed and will be returned.
- A completed signed and dated application is a required legal document.
- Residential Treatment Facilities must be accredited.
- One of the following accreditation certificates is required:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Council on Accreditation for children and family services (COA)
- A copy of the Division of Health Service Regulation license
- Medicare/Medicaid verification is needed (if applicable).
Note: A Current copy of the Remittance Advice Summary (RA) from the facility will meet this criterion.
- A general liability malpractice insurance face sheet must include current coverage dates, provider name, address, and limits of coverage. Minimum coverage for all networks is $1 million occurrence/$3 million aggregate.