Apply for Credentialing
Birthing Centers (BCBSNC Only)
Dear Health Care Provider:
The following instructions will help you understand the information required to credential your Birthing Center (BC). To avoid delays associated with an incomplete credentialing application, please review this material carefully before attempting to complete the application. Fill in all required information completely and attach all required documents before submitting your application.
Upon completion of the credentialing process, your application will be presented to the Credentialing Committee for approval or denial. If denied you will be notified by certified mail. If approved, Network Management will contact you to finalize the contracting process and assign your effective date.
ALL APPLICANTS: Please note all fields must be COMPLETED or indicate NOT APPLICABLE (NA). All supporting required documents must be submitted or the application will not be processed and will be returned.
- A completed signed and dated application for each site and each organization with a unique Federal Tax ID# is a required legal document.
- Birthing Centers must be accredited.
- One of the following accreditation certificates is needed:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC)
- Critical Access Certification for hospitals
- Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers
- A copy of the Division of Health Services regulation license is required for each site (or letter attesting to all covered sites) if applicable.
- A general liability insurance face sheet is required for each site (or letter attesting to all covered sites), and must include current coverage dates, provider name, address and limits of coverage. Minimum coverage for all networks is $1 million occurrence/$3 million aggregate.
- A copy of the policy and procedure for coverage arrangements with a participating provider and hospital, in the event of an emergency situation is required.