Dental / More Options
New, Integrated Solutions for Small Businesses
Wellness doesn't stop with just a health plan. That's why we offer a holistic approach to you and your employee's long term health. Now get a choice of two dental plans, a new small business wellness solution and even a HRA designed for your business.
Why add dental coverage?
Dental Blue coverage can be added to a health plan or used as a stand-alone offering.
Combining Dental Blue with your group medical insurance plan you also get:
- Simplified administration from one source
- One point of contact
- One bill, providing one place to update eligibility and employee changes
- Integration of data, allowing case managers to use dental information about your employees to evaluate overall health
- GRID+ gives you access to dentists in all 50 states through our national network.
Dental Blue Select
Offer employees integrated health and dental plans.
Offer employees dental coverage at a preferred group rate.
Both Plans Offer
Competitive benefits, coverage and rates, serviced by BCBSNC.
Employees can choose a participating provider to help reduce costs or visit any licensed dental provider.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
Basic and Major Services
Optional orthodontic and dental implant coverage available.
How it Works
Limitations and Exclusions:
This is a partial list of services not covered by your dental benefits plan:
- Not medically necessary
- Hospitalization for any dental procedure
- Dental procedures not directly associated with dental disease
- Procedures not performed in a dental setting
- Drugs or medications unless they're dispensed and utilized in the dental office during the patient visit
- Services related to temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Received prior to member's effective date
- Dental implants, oral orthotic devices, palatal expanders and orthodontics, except as specifically covered by your dental benefit plan
Wellness Solutions & HRA
Introducing a new integrated health wellness solution and HRA solutions with small businesses in mind.
Now, for the first time, your small business can get wellness resources such as health assessments for employees with reporting. Our Healthy Outcomes program is your integrated solution with quality data and support and incentives for healthy living.1 Healthy employees equal a healthy bottom line.Learn More
Your employees can get exclusive deals and discounts simply for being BCBSNC members. Get discounts from top retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating options and much more.2Learn More
Take more control of your health care budget with a fund-based health plan. BCBSNC's new HRA offers several funding options (first dollar, last dollar, shared, bridge and modified bridge). Businesses may also pro-rate contributions for employees who join mid-plan - all without any additional premium cost.Learn More
Health Care Reform Tax Credit
Looking for a tax credit for your small business? Qualified businesses with fewer than 25 employees could get up to a 35% tax credit toward health insurance as a result of health care reform.3
Let us show you how much your company could save.
Give your employees the ability to choose between two plans for the benefits that best suit their needs. All you have to do is establish your "base" plan and choose among our many options a second, richer plan for employees who need or want added benefits.
- Fixed contribution - Set your fixed dollar amount or fixed percentage for the low or "base" option. Employees who want the "higher," or richer benefit plan can choose to "buy up" to that plan. Your cost stays the same
- Customize your coverage -- We know business needs change. With High-Lo Fex, you get the capability to adjust your plan choices year to year without changing insurers
1. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs.
2. Blue365 offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSNC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
3. Eligibility and other requirements may apply. Information, examples and source material about the Small Business Tax Credit from the Internal Revenue Service.