Get an Estimate
Please tell us a little bit about your company so we can provide you an estimate for different plan types.
Compare Your Estimates
Below are our most popular plans for businesses like yours.
- *This is an estimate only. It is based on the information you provided in the questionnaire. Your final rate may vary based on actual group size, number of prior carriers, worker's compensation coverage, length of probationary period, bankruptcy, ratio of renewal premium to proposed premium, percentage of out-of-state employees, and percentage of employees that reject coverage.
- Some services and supplies received by members in an office setting or in connection with an office visit are in fact outpatient hospital-based services provided by hospital-owned or operated practices. These services and supplies may be subject to deductible and coinsurance. Please see the BCBSNC provider list to identify these providers.
- Certain preventive care services are limited to in-network benefits.
- New preventive care benefits are a result of Health Care Reform requirements for non-grandfathered plans. See benefit booklet for any restrictions or cost-sharing for out-of-network benefits.
- Consult a qualified tax advisor about possible tax advantages.
- BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs.
- Blue365® offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to BCBSNC's grievance process. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. BCBSA does not recommend, endorse, warrant or guarantee any specific Blue365 vendor or item.
Request a Quote
If you are a small business1 located in North Carolina2, we offer several plans and options to fit your business needs. Our benefits include:
- A dedicated team that helps you understand and administer your plan
- Turnkey wellness solutions to encourage your employees to get and stay healthy
- Flexible incentives and member discounts
- The option to add an HRA to all plans3
Please note that in most cases sole proprietorships are not eligible to purchase small group coverage4. If you are a sole proprietor, you can get a rate quote for individual coverage.
All fields are required unless otherwise noted.
- Small Employer is defined as any individual actively engaged in business that, on at least fifty percent (50%) of its working days during the preceding calendar quarter, employed no more than 50 eligible employees, the majority of whom are employed within the State of North Carolina, and is not formed primarily for purposes of buying health insurance and in which a bona fide employer/employee relationship exists.
- Small Employer must have a physical location in North Carolina and have an authorized representative to execute the contract in North Carolina. Businesses must have been operating for at least 30 days to obtain coverage.
- HRAs are available to groups with 2-50 members.
- A sole proprietor is eligible for group coverage if there is at least one common law employee (non-family member) employed.
Thank you for your interest in a health plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Someone will be in contact with you soon regarding your preliminary quote.
Please print the information below for your records.
You provided us with the following contact information:
- Your Name:
You have provided the following information about your business:
For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, and reductions or limitations and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, please write to BCBSNC at P.O. Box 2291 Durham, NC 27702