Dental / More Options
New Integrated Solutions for You
Wellness doesn't stop with just a health plan. That's why we offer a holistic approach to your employees' long-term health. Now get a choice of 11 turnkey wellness solutions under our Healthy OutcomesSM1 program and even a HRA designed for your business and available with any of our plans.
Why add dental coverage?
Dental Blue coverage can be added to a health plan or used as a stand-alone offering.
Combining Dental Blue with your group medical insurance plan you also get:
- Simplified administration from one source
- One point of contact
- One bill, providing one place to update eligibility and employee changes
- One member ID card for employees
- Integration of data, allowing case managers to use dental information about your employees to evaluate overall health
- GRID+ gives you access to dentists in all 50 states through our national network. Offer your employees a choice in coverage with our Dental Hi-Lo offering. They can select a basic plan with lower premiums or a more comprehensive plan with richer benefits.
Dental Blue Select
Offer employees integrated health and dental plans.
Offer employees dental coverage at a preferred group rate.
Both Plans Offer
Competitive benefits, coverage and rates, serviced by BCBSNC.
Employees can choose a participating provider to help reduce costs or visit any licensed dental provider.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
Basic and Major Services
Optional orthodontic and dental implant coverage available.
How it Works
Wellness Solutions & Funding Options
Welcome to Healthy Outcomes - Our new suite of integrated health and wellness turnkey solutions.
In addition to a dedicated team to help you improve health and lower costs for your employees, we offer 11 structured, turnkey wellness solutions. Our Healthy Outcomes program is a personalized, integrated solution with quality data, support and incentives for health and wellness. Healthy employees equal a healthy bottom line.1
- Online Health Portal
- Health Screenings and Assessments with state-of-the-art data and reporting
- Wellness incentives
- Online education
- Health Line BlueSM - Our 24-7 nurse call in and chat option
- Blue365® discounts from many top retailers4
- Disease management
- Personal outreach to high risk members
Your employees can get exclusive discounts from many top retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating options and much more.Learn More
Take more control of your health care budget with a fund-based health plan. BCBSNC's new HRA offers several funding options (first dollar, last dollar, shared, bridge and modified bridge). Businesses may also pro-rate contributions for employees who join mid-plan - all without any additional premium cost. HRAs are now available with any of our plans.Learn More
Package Pricing - Add and Save
- Add ancillary products like dental, term life insurance, disability and/or voluntary options and save up to 5% on your medical rates with our Package Pricing program2
- Complete goals through our Healthy Outcomes Wellness ProgramSM1 and earn up to a 5% credit toward your next medical renewal3
Premium Travel Coverage. Trusted Care.
Today's global marketplace demands a mobile workforce. You can support the health care needs of your employees — wherever they are — with GeoBlueSM premium international medical coverage. GeoBlue maintains a network of English-speaking, Western-trained physicians in 190 countries across the globe.
Experienced global health coordinators help your employees:
- Schedule doctor appointments
- Arrange any follow-up treatments
- Guarantee payments for cashless access to care
The GeoBlue mobile app provides:
- Instant access to trusted doctors and hospitals
- Translations for medical terms
- A pharmacy locator
- Your member ID card by fax
With two exceptional selections for international coverage, your workforce and their families can rest assured knowing they'll have the same level of health care as when they're at home.
GeoBlue ExpatSM Long-Term Coverage:
- Customizable, flexible coverage for US citizens and third-country nationals with rich benefits, from maternity care to medical evacuation
GeoBlue TravelerSM Short-Term Coverage:
- Supplemental blanket coverage, for trips up to 180 days, with rich benefits, from medical evacuation and hospitalization to treatment for an upset stomach
GeoBlue is offered to groups with two or more members. GeoBlue is the trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC. ®, SM Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and GeoBlue are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. GeoBlue is solely responsible for the services it provides. 4 Ever Life Insurance Company is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. 4 Ever Life Insurance Company is solely responsible for the services it provides.
* Some exceptions may apply.
1. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs.
2. Package Pricing is available to both new and renewing groups of 51-249. To get credit, groups are subject to life, short-term disability and long-term disability coverage minimums. Please contact your authorized BCBSNC agent or BCBSNC sales representative for program details. Dental products are underwritten by BCBSNC. All other ancillary products (including Life and Disability) are offered by Mosaic Benefits and underwritten by USAble Life. USAble Life does not offer BCBSNC products or services. BCBSNC and USAble Life are not affiliated companies. Mosaic Benefits is an authorized agency of BCBSNC and USAble.
3. Healthy Outcomes Wellness Program is available to fully-insured groups of 51 -999. Such consideration does not guarantee an impact on rates.
4. Blue365® offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to BCBSNC's grievance process. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. BCBSA does not recommend, endorse, warrant or guarantee any specific Blue365 vendor or item.