Health Management / More Options
New Integrated Solutions for Your Business
Wellness doesn't stop with just a health plan. That's why we offer a holistic approach to your employees' long-term health.
- Get a choice of several, turnkey wellness solutions under our Healthy OutcomesSM1 program1
- An enhanced HRA program designed for your business and available with most of our plans
- $0 fixed administrative fees to help self-funded businesses lower claims costs
- One bill, one point of contact coverage when you add Dental Blue coverage to your health plan. You can also add dental coverage as a standalone option
- Blue 20/20 vision coverage
- Specialty solutions such as term life insurance, disability coverage and more
- Member discounts through Blue365SM,2
Why add dental coverage?
Dental Blue® coverage can be added to a health plan or used as a stand-alone offering.
Combining Dental Blue with your group medical insurance plan you also get:
- Simplified administration from one source
- One point of contact
- One bill, providing one place to update eligibility and employee changes
- One member ID card for employees
- Integration of data, allowing case managers to use dental information about your employees to evaluate overall health
- GRID+ gives you access to dentists in all 50 states through our national network. Offer your employees a choice in coverage with our Dental Hi-Lo offering. They can select a basic plan with lower premiums or a more comprehensive plan with richer benefits.
Dental Blue Select
Offer employees integrated health and dental plans.
Offer employees dental coverage at a preferred group rate.
Both Plans Offer
Competitive benefits, coverage and rates, serviced by BCBSNC.
Employees can choose a participating provider to help reduce costs or visit any licensed dental provider.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
Basic and Major Services
Optional orthodontic and dental implant coverage available.
How it Works
Health Management & HRA
Welcome to Healthy OutcomesSM1 -- Our full suite of integrated health and wellness solutions.
In addition to a dedicated team to help you improve health and lower costs for your employees, we offer several, structured, turnkey wellness solutions. Our Healthy Outcomes program is a personalized, integrated solution with quality data, support and incentives for health and wellness. Healthy employees equal a healthy bottom line.1
- Online member health portal
- Health screenings and assessments with state-of-the-art data and reporting
- Wellness incentives and tracking
- Online education
- Health Line BlueSM - Our 24-7 nurse call in and chat no-cost service
- Blue365®6 discounts from many top retailers2
- Disease management (asthma, diabetes, CAD, heart failure and COPD)
- Personal outreach to high risk members
- Maternity management for healthy and high risk pregnancies3
- Provider integration (patient care summaries, provider engagement and care reminders)
- And more!
Your employees can get exclusive discounts from many top retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating options and much more.Learn More
Take more control of your health care budget with a fund-based health plan. BCBSNC's HRA offering has several funding options (first dollar, last dollar, shared, bridge and modified bridge)4. Businesses may also pro-rate contributions for employees who join mid-plan - all without any additional premium cost. HRAs are now available with most of our plans.Learn More
Package Pricing - Add and Save
- Add specialty products like dental, term life insurance, disability and/or voluntary options and save up to 5% on your medical rates with our Package Pricing program5
- Self-funded businesses can save on claims with our $0 fixed administrative fees program. Let us help you save!
- Enroll in a medical plan now and for qualifying groups, second year rates will renew at trend plus 2-5%6
- Complete goals through our Healthy Outcomes Wellness ProgramSM1 and earn up to a 5% credit toward your next medical renewal7
* Some exceptions may apply.
1. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs.
2. Blue365 offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSNC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
3. Healthy Outcomes Maternity program is separate and apart from any maternity benefits. Members should consult their Benefit Booklet with regard to any medical benefits related to maternity.
4. BCBSNC is the HRA/FSA administrator and contracts with HealthEquity, Inc., an independent entity, to perform certain HRA/FSA administrative services.
5. Package Pricing is available to both new and renewing groups of 51-999. To get credit, groups are subject to life, short-term disability and long-term disability coverage minimums. Please contact your authorized BCBSNC agent or BCBSNC sales representative for program details. Dental products are underwritten by BCBSNC. All other ancillary products (including Life and Disability) are offered by Mosaic Group and underwritten by USAble Life. USAble Life does not offer BCBSNC products or services. BCBSNC and USAble Life are not affiliated companies. Mosaic Group is an authorized agency of BCBSNC and USAble
6. Existing BCBSNC groups are not eligible for this offer. The rate guarantee of trend +2% up to trend +5% is based on underwriting judgment and applies to only the first-year renewal for groups 51-499. Any special adjustment to rates by BCBSNC may impact a groupâ€™s eligibility to receive this offer; not all groups may qualify. Government-mandated benefit and premium tax changes are outside the scope of the guarantees and subject to a change based upon the mandated benefit and/or premium tax changes. Any federal, state or local government imposed tax, fee or charge will be outside of the rate guarantee.
7. Healthy Outcomes Wellness Program is available to fully-insured groups of 51 -999. Such consideration does not guarantee an impact on rates.