Blue Options 1-2-3
Blue Options 1-2-3SM is a plan for businesses that want to provide the benefits of a PPO in a cost effective manner, and don't want to move completely to a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) and/or health savings account (HSA). It is designed to provide the best of both worlds.
How It Works
Blue Options 1-2-3 divides health care services into three benefit levels, from Level 1 where most of the cost of care is covered by a copayment, to Level 3 where more of the costs of care are shared with the member.
The plan supports primary and preventive care at Level 1, while Level 2 and Level 3 coverage for inpatient, outpatient or specialist care encourages closer management of costs.
This approach also helps lower premiums. In fact, Blue Options 1-2-3 premiums are lower than traditional PPO plans.
Blue Options 1-2-3 benefits summary
This summary shows the range of coverage available. Your plan benefits can be customized to the needs of your business and employees.
|Level 1||Level 2|
|Type of service||Primary and Preventive care||Inpatient care|
|In-network copayment or coinsurance||Copayments for services||Fee plus coinsurance after deductible|
|In-network covered services
(See plan documents for a more detailed listing of covered services)
|Primary care office visits and Preventive care||Inpatient hospital services and other care|
|Prescription drug coverage||Covered by our standard Tier 4 coverage.|
Why Blue Options 1-2-3?
Is it right for your business?
Blue Options 1-2-3 works for businesses looking for a plan with lower premiums that still offers many of the advantages of a traditional PPO plan. If you and your employees are not quite ready to jump into the hand-on cost management encouraged by a high-deductible health plan, Blue Options 1-2-3 provides the opportunity to manage health care costs with a lower level of employee engagement.
Is it right for your employees?
Getting employees more involved in managing their health care costs is a challenge for any business. Blue Options 1-2-3 is designed to give your employees what they want (primary care copayments) while giving you what you want (lower premium costs).
With Blue Options 1-2-3, employees only pay a manageable $15-25 copayment for this care.
- Access to the largest network available in North Carolina and the savings that come with it.1
- Rated #1 in customer satisfaction in North Carolina2
- Get personalized service and a dedicated team including client engagement representative, group service advisor, account manager and member professional
- HRA and FSA options available with most of our plans
BCBSNC offers support and programs for members, including:
- Web and mobile access to benefits and claims information at mybcbsnc.com
- Health Line BlueSM, our 24/7 nurse line and chat providing support at no additional cost to members
- Exclusive member discounts from top retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating options and much more with Blue365®4
- Fully integrated case management, condition care and the Healthy Outcomes wellness program3
- Access to valuable health improvement resources for those who are healthy or those who may need additional support.
What You Get With All Plans
All of our plans include:
- A dedicated team: Client engagement representative, group service advisor, account manager and member professional
- Turnkey wellness solution with Healthy OutcomesSM, offering 11 flexible options including data-based health assessments with reporting3
- Exclusive member discounts with Blue365®4
- Enhanced, integrated HRA options available with most plans
1. MarketQuest Network Compare: December 2011.
2. Frederick Polls, April 2011.
3. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs.
4. Blue365® offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to BCBSNC's grievance process. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. BCBSA does not recommend, endorse, warrant or guarantee any specific Blue365 vendor or item.