Blue Options 1-2-3
Blue Options 1-2-3SM is a plan for businesses that want to provide the benefits of a PPO in a cost effective manner, and don't want to move completely to a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) and/or health savings account (HSA). It is designed to provide the best of both worlds.
How It Works
Blue Options 1-2-3 divides health care services into three benefit levels, from Level 1 where most of the cost of care is covered by a copayment, to Level 3 where more of the costs of care are shared with the member.
The plan supports primary and preventive care at Level 1, while Level 2 and Level 3 coverage for inpatient, outpatient or specialist care encourages closer management of costs.
Blue Options 1-2-3 benefits summary
This summary shows the range of coverage available.
NOTICE: Your actual expenses for covered services may exceed the stated coinsurance percentage or copayment amount because actual provider charges may not be used to determine the health benefit plan's and member's payment obligations. For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, and reductions or limitations and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, see your agent or contact BCBSNC.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Type of service||Primary and Preventive care||Inpatient care||Outpatient care and professional specialist care|
|In-Network Copayment or Coinsurance||Copayments for services||Admission copayment plus coinsurance after deductible||Higher coinsurance rate after deductible|
|In-Network Covered Services
(See plan documents for a more detailed listing of covered services)
|Primary care office visits and Preventive care||Inpatient hospital services and other care||Outpatient hospital services and other care|
|Prescription drug coverage||Covered by our standard 4-Tier coverage.|
(Maximum amount a member pays including copayments, deductible and coinsurance)
Why Blue Options 1-2-3?
Is it right for your business?
Blue Options 1-2-3 works for businesses looking for a plan with lower premiums that still offers many of the advantages of a traditional PPO plan. If you and your employees are not quite ready to jump into the hand-on cost management encouraged by a high-deductible health plan, Blue Options 1-2-3 provides the opportunity to manage health care costs with a lower level of employee engagement.
Is it right for your employees?
Getting employees more involved in managing their health care costs is a challenge for any business. Blue Options 1-2-3 is designed to give your employees what they want (primary care copayments) while giving you what you want (lower premium costs).
- Coverage in all 100 counties in North Carolina and the savings that come with it.1
- Most preferred health insurance company in North Carolina2
- Get personalized service and a dedicated team including client engagement representative, group service advisor, account manager and member professional
- HRA and FSA options available with most of our plans
BCBSNC offers support and programs for members, including:
- Web and mobile access to benefits and claims information at mybcbsnc.com
- Health Line BlueSM, our 24/7 nurse line and chat providing support at no additional cost to members
- Fully integrated case management, condition care and the Healthy Outcomes wellness program3
- Exclusive member discounts from top retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating options and much more with Blue365®,4
- Access to valuable health improvement resources for those who are healthy or those who may need additional support.
What You Get With All Plans
All of our plans include:
- A dedicated team: Client engagement representative, group service advisor, account manager and member professional
- Turnkey wellness solution with Healthy OutcomesSM, offering several flexible options including data-based health assessments with reporting3
- Exclusive member discounts with Blue365®,4
- Enhanced, integrated HRA options available with most plans
1. Consortium Health Plans, Inc., MarketQuest Network Compare, April 2013.
2. BCBSNC Brand Image and Advertising Tracking; Vision Critical; March 2014.
3. BCBSNC offers Healthy Outcomes programs as a convenience to aid members in improving their health; results are not guaranteed. BCBSNC contracts with Alere Health Improvement Company, an independent third party vendor, for the provision of certain aspects of Healthy Outcomes programs and is not liable in any way for goods or services received from Alere. BCBSNC reserves the right to discontinue or change Healthy Outcomes programs at any time. The programs are educational in nature, and are intended to help members make informed decisions about their health, and to help members comply with their doctor's plan of care. Decisions regarding care should be made with the advice of a doctor.
4. Blue365® offers access to savings on items that Members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with BCBSNC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSNC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.