Our plans have many similarities, but each plan features its own unique options. Knowing what our plans offer can help you select the one that's right for you.
Looking for a Lower-Cost Option?
Note: All BCBSNC 2014 individual market plans may be purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace as a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) or through other sources, such as direct from BCBSNC. The availability of Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) and Cost-Sharing Reductions are only available when plans are purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace. (If you apply through BCBSNC, you will be able to go to the Health Insurance Marketplace to get any APTC or Cost-Sharing Reductions you're eligible for.) The Health Insurance Marketplace displays all QHPs available for sale in a given state by all issuers and therefore may contain more QHPs than displayed on this site. The Health Insurance Marketplace allows individuals to apply via its website, in-person or by phone.
- CHP Market Quest. Network Compare. July 2012 (data as of May 9, 2012).
- American Indians and Alaska Natives can get a $0 cost-sharing reduction anywhere with a referral.
- Certain preventive care services are covered at 100% before deductible when received in an in-network office or out-patient setting. Other covered services may be subject to deductible and coinsurance. When you receive preventive care out-of-network, you may pay more. Visit bcbsnc.com/preventive for a full list of preventive services.
- BCBSNC Internal Data, January 2014 premium difference for Blue Select compared to a comparable Blue Advantage plan with $1,000 Deductible and 80% Coinsurance. Actual savings will depend on geography and plan design selected.
- BCBSNC Internal Data, January 2014 premium difference for Blue Value compared to a comparable Blue Advantage plan with $1,000 Deductible and 80% Coinsurance. Actual savings will depend on geography and plan design selected.
Blue Value may not be available in all geographic areas.