Dental Blue for IndividualsSM
Dependable, Affordable Dental Insurance
With Dental Blue, it's easier to take care of your Dental Health:
- Save money by choosing any participating, licensed dentist in North Carolina
- Pay no deductible for checkups, preventive or diagnostic services
How It Works
Research shows a strong connection between poor dental health and many serious health conditions, including diabetes and coronary heart disease.1 BCBSNC Dental Blue* can help you take better care of your dental health.
Full Coverage Dental Insurance and Convenience
- Get coverage for basic services (dental checkups and cleanings, routine fillings and extractions) and major services (crowns, dentures and bridges)
- Choose the licensed dentist you like
- Save money by using our extensive Provider Network
- Pay your premiums monthly
Immediate Coverage for Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Get preventive services as soon as your insurance becomes effective - there's no waiting period
- Preventive services are covered twice per benefit period
A Vast Network of Dental Professionals to Choose From - It's Easy!
- Find a dentist in our extensive Provider Network and schedule an appointment
- Show your BCBSNC Member ID Card at the dentist's office when you arrive
- File your claim (many providers will do this for you)
* Dental Blue for Individuals is not part of the covered health insurance benefits of any BCBSNC plan. Dental Blue for Individuals must be purchased separately.
1 "The Health Perils of Gum Disease." http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/health-perils-of-gum-disease (Accessed June 2011).
|Covered Services||What You Pay|
Deductible for basic and major services
Annual maximum limit for all services
A partial list of the services, supplies, drugs or charges that aren't covered by the dental plan. For a full list, please refer to the product's benefit booklet.
This policy is guaranteed renewable and may not be canceled or non-renewed for any reason other than your failure to pay premiums or misstatements in or omissions of information from your application. Any change in your rate will be preceded by a 30-day notice and is guaranteed for 12 months.
1: Based on allowed amounts as determined by BCBSNC. An allowed amount may be less than the provider's actual charge. You are responsible for charges above the allowed amount, in addition to any deductible and coinsurance applied.
How To Apply
Get a free, no-obligation rate quote by visiting our full website at www.bcbsnc.com. Get started by clicking the free rate quote button. Use your computer or laptop (non-mobile device) to best refine your search results, compare prices and explore plan details.
Find a plan that interests you? Great. Simply continue to apply online. The application process takes about 20 minutes.
It's easy to get a quote and apply online.*
|Click the Free Rate Quote button located on this page.|
|Enter some information about yourself.|
|Click the Show My Quote button to see your rate quote.|
Need more help?
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Call us at 1-800-324-4973, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Rate quotes are estimates only. Final rates are determined after you complete an application. Actual rates are based on the number of family members covered (Individual, Individual +1 or Family). Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions apply to this coverage. Waiting periods may also apply.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who's eligible for Dental Blue for Individuals?
- Applicants (under 65 years of age) and their dependents (spouses and/or children under the age of 26) who are residents of North Carolina and haven't had a Dental Blue for Individuals policy in the last 12 months.
- What if I need to add dependents at a later date?
- Dependents can be added within 30 days of a qualifying life event, such as marriage, divorce, a newborn within 30 days of their first birthday, adoption or court order.
- Is it possible to cover my child but not myself?
- Yes, you may apply for dental coverage that covers your child only.
- Can an effective date only be the first of the month?
- Yes, your coverage can begin on either the first or the 15th of the month.
- If I cancel my Dental Blue for Individuals coverage, how soon can I reapply?
- Reapplying for coverage isn't permitted for 12 months from your policy's termination date.
- Are my monthly premiums subject to change?
- You may experience a change in your monthly premiums at the time of your annual renewal (January 1 of each year), or when you add or remove dependents.
- What are my premium payment options?
- Your initial payment can be made by credit card or bank draft. Subsequent payments can be set up for direct bill or bank draft.
- How do I know if my dentist participates in your dental provider network?
- Visit our dental provider search.
- How do I file a dental claim?
Participating providers will file the claim on your behalf. If your dentist office does not file claims, you should pay the dentist in full and submit your claim to BCBSNC for reimbursement. Complete a dental claim form and mail it to us within 180 days from the date of your service.
Mail the completed claim form to:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Dental Claims Unit
P.O. Box 2100
Winston-Salem, NC 27102-2100
- Will I get credit for my prior dental coverage?
- Yes, BCBSNC may waive or reduce your dental waiting period by the number of months of prior dental coverage. Proof of prior dental coverage with less than 63 days lapse in coverage is required.
Policy Form #'s: M60, 8/12, M60s, 8/12