Internships & College Recruitment
Get a Head Start on Your Career
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) Internships are not about busy work. College students and graduates get real-world experience, working on real projects - not making copies or coffee.
On Campus Recruitment
We have great partnerships with colleges and universities through our College Relations Program.Summer Internship Program at a Glance
- Internships last 10 weeks
- Recruitment begins in January
- Sales and Marketing
- IT/Technical Development
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week
- Provide your own summer housing in the Chapel Hill/Durham area
- Be a rising Senior
- Have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills
- Be able to think analytically, present ideas professionally and work on a project team
Get More Than a Line on Your Resume
- Participate in "Lunch and Learn" sessions with our Senior Leadership Team
- Do valuable community service with programs such as Habitat for Humanity
- Learn how we are more than just a health insurance company
It's an enriching experience you can carry with you wherever your path leads.
Nicole H. UNC-Chapel Hill
Then: Intern 2010, HR Communications
Now: Associate Communications Specialist (HR/Corporate Affairs) "My internship experience was invaluable. As a communication student, I was able to gain practical, hands-on experience in my field of study and get a preview of working in a corporate environment."
Brittani P., Winston-Salem State University
Then: Intern Summer 2008 in Enterprise Security & Privacy
Now: Communication Coordinator, IS "The internship program at BCBSNC not only allowed us (interns) to engage with our respective department, it also gave us exposure to the entire organization and numerous professional development opportunities across the company. I am highly appreciative of the BCBSNC Summer Internship Program!"
Brittani P., East Carolina University
Then: Intern Summer 2010 in Enterprise Security & Privacy
Now: Communication Coordinator, IS