The hiring process at BCBSNC takes several steps and our Talent Acquisition team works hard to identify and fill positions quickly. Here's what to expect when you apply for a job at BCBSNC:
What to expect when you apply to a job at BCBSNC
- Apply online: All applicants must apply online at our career website. Visit the site to search for open jobs, read job descriptions and submit your resume. We hire based on the requirements for each position, so make sure you meet the minimum requirements before applying. You will receive a confirmation email once you apply.
- Check your status online: We receive lots of applications each day and can't always follow-up by email if you are not selected to interview. You can check the status of your application anytime by logging back into the career website.
- We'll review your resume: Our Talent Acquisition team reviews applications on a first-come, first-served basis. This can take up to two weeks after you apply online. If your qualifications match the job requirements, a Talent Acquisition Associate will contact you for a phone interview. If not selected, your status will be updated online.
- Phone Interview: A Talent Acquisition Associate will contact you by phone (sometimes by email) if you meet the requirements for the job. Be prepared to answer questions about your background, salary expectations and your motivation for seeking employment.
- In-person interview: If after the phone interview you are identified as a top candidate, we will schedule an in-person interview. You will meet with the hiring manager, their team and a member of our Talent Acquisition team. The interview process may take several hours to complete.
- Offer of employment: After all interviews are complete, the interview team will meet to identify their top candidate. If you are identified as the top candidate, we will contact you with details about the offer and discuss the next steps in the hiring process. If you were interviewed and not selected, we will send you an email letting you know.
If selected for an in-person interview, a member of our team will call you directly to schedule your interview. Once scheduled, prepare for your interview by following these interview tips.
Review and print your interview itinerary: An itinerary will be emailed to you to confirm your interview. Please review this document carefully, noting the day, time and location of your interview.
Dress the part: At BCBSNC we have a business casual environment, but the dress code can vary by department. We suggest business professional attire for your in-person interviews.
Learn about BCBSNC and the job: Strong candidates learn about BCBSNC upfront by researching the company. Between our innovative approaches to the health insurance industry in North Carolina to our impact on local communities - there's a lot to learn about Blue! Making the connection between the job you are interviewing for and its relationship to the company is important. You can learn more about BCBSNC at www.bcbsnc.com as well as visiting various news websites, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Share your experiences: You will have at least two formal interviews which will consist of targeted questions about your past work experiences. Make sure you are familiar with your resume and come prepared to discuss situations you've dealt with at work.
Ask questions and engage with the team: Come prepared with questions for the interview team. We want you to ask questions of us - it shows you're interested and that you want to learn just as much about us as we will be learning about you.