We are committed to creating an inclusive culture of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Our diversity initiatives are fully integrated with the key elements of our corporate DNA: our culture, our workforce, our marketplace and our community. Each element contributes to our overall success.
We recognize that integrating diverse perspectives in our daily operations gives us a distinct and competitive marketplace advantage. Our commitment to diversity allows us to better understand the specific health care needs of our customers. It also helps us communicate with our customers more effectively and anticipate future needs.
Our vision of diversity is to create an all-inclusive culture that celebrates and encourages diversity, not only to contribute to the success of our company but also to promote the continued health of our communities.
We're also dedicated to initiating employment outreach efforts for all protected groups, including women, minorities, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our mission is to integrate diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our business to:
- Foster an inclusive environment in the workplace that embraces our similarities and differences and drives innovation
- Engage a highly skilled and talented workforce that is reflective of our diverse population
- Work with business leaders in the marketplace to identify and establish targeted market opportunities throughout North Carolina
- Cultivate external relationships with business partners and in our community that support and sustain our business
We ensure that qualified applicants and employees receive an equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege of employment. We also maintain a work environment that provides all individuals with the opportunity to work free from illegal discrimination and harassment.
We're a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to maintaining a workplace that values and reflects the diversity of our talented workforce.
Employee networks are an important part of BCBSNC's culture and a serve as a great resource for diverse perspectives. Our groups offer a unique way for BCBSNC to leverage our diversity by tapping into and understanding the population of each group. Each Network provides our senior leaders with a unique perspective on company projects, policies and goals.
- Provide internal assets and resources to drive business results and sustain our competitive advantage
- Provide valuable insight and perspective on under-utilized, underserved and untapped market opportunities
- Offer a partnership to develop and strengthen the skills and talents of our workforce
- Break down silos between departments and divisions
Our Groups Include:
- Support for Exceptional Abilities Network (SEAnet)
- Golden Blues Employee Network (GBEN)
- Women's Employee Network (WEN)
- Parent Network (Parentnet)
- Young Professionals Network (YoPro)
- African-American Black Employee Network (AABEN)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Allies Network (Spectrum)
- Hispanic and Bilingual Learning Alliance (HABLA)
- Veterans Network (VetNet)