A Smooth Transition
For many of you, the move to Prime will take place without interruption. You’ll have the same benefits experience you had before April 1.
- The pharmacy network will stay virtually the same (more than 99% of the pharmacies currently in our network have agreed to participate with Prime).
- What you've paid toward your member or family deductible carries forward automatically.
- You can still go to mybcbsnc.com for your benefit information, including the Find a Drug search.
An Easy Change
What does the change mean for members?
- Updated member ID cards will arrive in the mail in March, before the April 1 effective date.
- PrimeMail replaces Medco®1 as the mail-service pharmacy, offering excellent service and savings, with easy ordering online, over the phone or through the mail. PrimeMail Customer Service and Pharmacy Staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A new refill reminder service from PrimeMail replaces Medco's "Worry-free Fills" service.
Forms at Your Fingertips
With the move to Prime, we have forms for you and your physician to use when ordering prescription medications through the new PrimeMail service:
Make the transition work for you. Learn more about the switch to Prime, start taking advantage of the new features, and get answers to common questions about Prime, mail-service prescriptions and who to contact for help.