Another Chance to Buy Health Insurance
During Special Enrollment you may still have a chance to get health insurance.
Open enrollment is over, but that may not mean you can't get health insurance. Certain life events may qualify you to buy health insurance during the special enrollment period. The life event may apply to either you or one of your dependents.
- Losing your health insurance coverage under certain circumstances
- Getting married or establishing a domestic partnership
- Adding a child to your family through birth, adoption or foster parenting
- Moving to or within NC, but not within the same county
- Gaining citizenship
- Having a change in family income resulting in a change in subsidy eligibility
Note that this is not a complete list and certain eligibility conditions apply.
Get a quote to see all of the qualifying life events.