We've collaborated with providers across North Carolina to create a plan that lets you trade full access for a smaller, more streamlined network of providers – with as much as 15% savings in targeted markets and as much as 6% statewide.1
Get the Coverage You Need, the Savings You Want
- A point-of-service (POS) product, which is a type of HMO with in-network and out-of-network benefits
- Lower monthly premiums
- A smaller network for those who don't have a strong provider preference. See a list of participating hospitals [pdf]
- No primary care provider or referrals required
- 100% in-network coverage for a wide range of preventive services2
- *1. BCBSNC Internal Data; January 2013 premium difference for Blue Value compared to a comparable Blue Options PPO plan/Blue Advantage Plan A with $1,000 Deductible, $2,000 Coinsurance Max, 80% Coinsurance. Actual savings will depend on geography and plan design(s) selected. Blue Value may not be available in all major metropolitan areas. NOTICE: Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions apply to this coverage. Pre-existing condition waiting periods may also apply. Further costs and details of coverage, limitations and exclusions, and terms under which the policy can be continued in force will be provided in your free information package.
- 2. Certain preventive care services are covered at 100%, before deductible, when received in an in-network office or outpatient setting. Other covered services may be subject to deductible and coinsurance. When you receive preventive care out-of-network you may pay more. Visit bcbsnc.com/preventive for a full list of preventive services.
2013 ® and SM are Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. U8957, 10/12