What is Blue Local?
- U.S. News & World Report, 2014-15
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals (Accessed September, 2015)
- Preventive care services as defined by recent federal regulations are covered at no charge to you. Coverage for certain preventive care services (such as routine physical exams, well-baby and well-child care, and immunizations) is limited to in-network benefits only. However, state-mandated preventive services are available out-of-network, for which members will pay deductible and coinsurance, plus charges over the allowed amount. Visit bcbsnc.com/preventive for more details.
- Blue Cross NC is one of the World's Most Ethical Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016). Ethisphere Institute reviewed nominations from companies in more than 100 countries and 36 industries.
- Prime Therapeutics, LLC is an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services. Medco Health Solutions, Inc., is an Express Scripts Holding Company. Please note that information from the Prime Therapeutics website is maintained and governed entirely by Prime Therapeutics and not controlled by Blue Cross NC in any way.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina has collaborated with Duke Health and WakeMed to bring you Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed. Blue Local is a health insurance plan offered by Blue Cross NC that provides access to a limited network of providers. Duke Medicine and WakeMed are independent companies that are solely responsible for the physicians and medical facilities it owns and operates. Duke Medicine and WakeMed do not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services.